Welcome to the Downingtown Farmers Market
Big news for the 2014 Downingtown Farmers Market season - we're moving to Saturday! Starting May 1st, the Downingtown Farmers Market will be Saturday mornings, from 9A - 1P, in our Kerr Park location by the gazebo on Pennsylvania.
We hope you'll make the Downingtown Farmers Market part of your Saturday morning routine! We have 3 goals for Downingtown Farmers Market:
- Give our farmers and food artisans an opportunity to sell their product directly to the consumer
- Give the residents of Downingtown the chance to purchase locally grown, raised and made foods.
- And, third, to positively impact the Downingtown community by bringing folks into the community to shop, not just at the Farmers Market, but at other merchants in town; helping to revitalize the Downingtown community.
We hope the move to a Saturday morning market will allow our market shoppers the opportunity to explore downtown Downingtown and all it has to offer. Join us every Saturday morning!
Joining us in Downingtown this season:
Meat, Poultry and Eggs
Non-Food and Services
Downingtown Farmers Market Winter Schedule
November 2013 - April 2014
Kerr Park Parking Lot, next to the Veteran's Memorial on Pennsylvania Ave.
4 PM - 6 PM
December 5th, 12st, and 19th
No Market December 26, 2013
No Market January 2, 2014
Jan - 16th
February - 6th and 20th
March - 6th and 20th
April - 3rd and 17th
Sign-Up for the Weekly Newsletter
Every week we email our Downingtown Farmers Market newsletter. The newsletter lists all of the farmers and food vendors attending the market that week, what they are bringing to market, their specials, as well as interesting tidbits about the market and the Downingtown community.
Downingtown Farmers Market Opened Spring 2013
The Downingtown Farmers Market hosted their Grand Opening Day May 2nd, 2013, featuring over 25 farmers and food artisans. Every vendor at the market must grow, raise or make what they sell - this is called a "producer only" market. Taking advantage of the rich agricultural location, every farmer and market vendor is located within a 50 mile radius of Downingtown. Variety is key to a great farmers market; and this market promises to be impressive, offering:
- local fruits and vegetables - the cream of the crops, organic and conventional
- pasture raised meats (beef, pork, lamb, veal) and poultry, farm fresh eggs
- dairy products including finely crafted local cheeses
- wholesome, whole grain breads
- baked goods, both sweet and savory
- handmade pasta and sauce
- local honey and maple syrup
- small batch frozen desserts
- artisan chocolates
- hummus and salsa
- jams and jellies
- locally roasted coffee and hand blended teas
- fresh ground nut butters
- field grown flowers
- handmade soap
- doggie treats too
A visit to the market will be a community event - offering something for everyone. In addition to the amazing selection of fresh and wholesome foods, the market will also feature weekly musical guests and activities for children to educate them about where their food comes from. There will also be a host of special events, including a grand opening event May 2, 2013, Celebrate Downingtown Kids Day, and a Harvest Market in the fall.
Consistent with the social mission of the market, food drives will be held periodically to benefit the Lords Pantry and other organizations in need of food donations. Additionally, market space will be made available to non-profit organizations if their mission is similar to that of the market.
This weekly event promises to draw new shoppers to the borough, not just for the farmers market, but to local merchant as well. In many communities with thriving farmers markets, the local economy has benefited as well.
Parking: There is plenty of parking in Kerr Park parking lots, as well as in the Downingtown Borough Hall parking lot.
Farmers Choice Sponsor of the Downingtown Farmers Market!