See You in the Spring 2015!
Sorry to say, but we have searched high and low, but have not been able to find an indoor location for the 2014 - 2015 Winter Market. We'll be back outdoors May 2015 and can't wait to see you!
Goals of the Downingtown Farmers Market
- Give our farmers and food artisans an opportunity to sell their product directly to the consumer
- Give the residents of Downingtown the chance to purchase locally grown, raised and made foods.
- And, third, to positively impact the Downingtown community by bringing folks into the community to shop, not just at the Farmers Market, but at other merchants in town; helping to revitalize the Downingtown community.
Suggestions for the Downingtown Farmers Market - Please email us!
Joining us in Downingtown this Season!
Below is a listing of all of the farms and producers participating in the Downingtown Farmers Market for the 2014 season. Some will be at the market every week, while others will attend the market every other week. To stay up to date on who is attending the market, please sign up for our weekly newsletter - the sign-up form is at the bottom of this page.
Where Are We?
We are located in Kerr Park by the gazebo, entrance on Pennsylvania Avenue, next to the Veterans' Memorial.
Sign-Up for the Weekly Newsletter
Every week we email our Downingtown Farmers Market newsletter. The newsletter lists all of the farmers and food vendors attending the market that week, what they are bringing to market, their specials, as well as interesting tidbits about the market and the Downingtown community.
Downingtown Farmers Market Opened Spring 2013
The Downingtown Farmers Market hosted their Grand Opening Day May 2nd, 2013, featuring over 25 farmers and food artisans. Every vendor at the market must grow, raise or make what they sell - this is called a "producer only" market. Taking advantage of the rich agricultural location, every farmer and market vendor is located within a 50 mile radius of Downingtown. Variety is key to a great farmers market; and this market promises to be impressive, offering:
- local fruits and vegetables - the cream of the crops, organic and conventional
- pasture raised meats (beef, pork, lamb, veal) and poultry, farm fresh eggs
- dairy products including finely crafted local cheeses
- wholesome, whole grain breads
- baked goods, both sweet and savory
- handmade pasta and sauce
- local honey and maple syrup
- small batch frozen desserts
- artisan chocolates
- hummus and salsa
- jams and jellies
- locally roasted coffee and hand blended teas
- fresh ground nut butters
- field grown flowers
- handmade soap
- doggie treats too
A visit to the market will be a community event - offering something for everyone. In addition to the amazing selection of fresh and wholesome foods, the market will also feature weekly musical guests and activities for children to educate them about where their food comes from. There will also be a host of special events, including a grand opening event May 2, 2013, Celebrate Downingtown Kids Day, and a Harvest Market in the fall.
Consistent with the social mission of the market, food drives will be held periodically to benefit the Lords Pantry and other organizations in need of food donations. Additionally, market space will be made available to non-profit organizations if their mission is similar to that of the market.
This weekly event promises to draw new shoppers to the borough, not just for the farmers market, but to local merchant as well. In many communities with thriving farmers markets, the local economy has benefited as well.
Parking: There is plenty of parking in Kerr Park parking lots, as well as in the Downingtown Borough Hall parking lot.
Farmers Choice Sponsor of the Downingtown Farmers Market!