WELCOME TO GROWING ROOTS
Event planning featuring local food, local farms and local fun, taking root in your community with:
- Farmers markets promoting regional agriculture and small scale food businesses
- Community events encouraging the community to grow together
- Promotional events to highlight local businesses
- Showcase events for local artists and crafters
- Small scale entertainment events featuring local food from local farms
GROWING ROOTS FARMERS MARKETS
Welcome to the 2016 Growing Roots Farmers Market Season
Spring - the dawn of the new growing season. We wait patiently for the first signs as Mother Nature greets us with her treasures - ramps, asparagus, and soon strawberries, followed by the endless parade of beautiful local fruits and vegetables. Joined at the market by locally raised meat and poultry, farm fresh eggs, and locally crafted cheese. And showcasing the talents of local bakers and food producers, crafters of artisanal delights.
Markets Open the First Week of May
Please click on the markets below to find out more information about the 2016 season and the farmers and producers participating in each of the markets. And, be sure to sign up for the weekly newsletters for up to date information on all market happenings!
Opening Saturday May 7th, back in Kerr Park by popular demand from 9 AM - 1 PM every Saturday.
Opening Thursday May 5th, in Eagleview Town Center from 3 - 7 PM every Thursday
Opening Saturday May 7th, in Burke Park 9 AM - 1 PM every Saturday.
Activities This Year
Lots in store for 2016 including:
- Growing Roots EatUrVeggies Club, designed to introduce kids (and reluctant parents) to the delicious and healthy world of veggies, teaching them to love the variety of amazing produce that our farmers grow!
- LOYAL2LOCAL. Becoming a regular shopper at the farmers markets can have a payback - the chance to win rewards monthly. Stay tuned as we roll out this program. We are so excited! You'll see it first at the Eagleview Farmers Market, and soon after, at Malvern and Downingtown Farmers Markets too!
- Game Day - this year we'll have activities to entertain the kids, including some great games. VeggieLand will be coming to market, Souper Bowl Chef Challenge, and more! It's gonna be F-U-N!
- Dog Days of Summer will have our four legged friends visiting us at the market, including local dog rescues.
- Bee Crazy will introduce you and your family to bee keeping, and the importance of our bees to agriculture.
- Join us for a Fermentation Demonstration with Cucina Verde!
- Last year Michael Solomon of Zahav Restaurant in Philadelphia visited for a book signing and cooking demo, a coordinate effort between Wellington Square Bookshop, the Chester County Food Bank, and the Eagleview Farmers Market. It was a great success. Well, we're planning more - stay tuned for more information.
- Nutrition and healthy eating, its important to everyone. Well, Growing Roots collaborates with nutrition students from Immaculata University to write informative blog posts featuring market finds in healthy, and delicious recipes.
- Music - we've got a great round up of local musicians to keep you entertained all summer long!
- All this and lots more! You'll need to sign up for the weekly newsletters to see what is going on at all of the markets each week.
2016 GROWING ROOTS EVENTS
- Growing Roots is honored to coordinate the Malvern Business and Professional Association's annual Malvern Blooms (May 1st) and Malvern Harvest Oktoberfest (September 25th). Please visit the Malvern Festivals website for complete information.
- The Annual Malvern Community Spaghetti Dinner
- CRAFTED, a juried craft show in Eagleview, May 12, 2016.
- The Downingtown Community Spaghetti Dinner, September 10, 2016.
- Falling Leaf Festival in Eagleview, October 2, 2016.